EXCELLENCE OF CHRISTIAN LOVE – ABRAHAM ISAC
- 1Cor 12:31 excellence of love
- 1Cor 13:13 greatest is love
- 1Cor 13:1-2 if I have everything but not love, I am nothing
- 1John 2:9-11 hates / loves his brother , hates is brother is in darkness
- Mat 5:44-47 love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you ( Jesus standard )
- John 13:1 Jesus loved his disciples till the end
- 1 Cor 13:5 love does not take account of the wrong suffered
- 1 Peter 4:8 keep fervent love for one another because love covers a multitude of sins
- Proverbs 19:11 man’s glory to overlook a transgression
Love will never expose someone’s sin/ weakness but cover it . love covers a multitude of sins. Seek to love enemies . Love till the end just like Jesus . Love does not keep an account of evil others have done .
Having the ability to spend time with others and not for myself.
How do we know if we love the person who has down wrong with us is by forgiveness or overlooking . Need the Holy Spirit to fill me with the love of God
God wants us to progress to reach the goal .
Mat 7:21-23 not everyone who says Lord Lord will enter the kingdom
A person can pray prophesy and do miracles but still practise lawlessness, God will say I never knew you
Do I know Christ ?
Don’t depend on feelings to love someone . God will help us if we are willing .
Rom 5:5-7 hope doesn’t disappoint coz God poured out his love. God showed his love, while we were sinners Christ died for us . Desire to make progress and don’t draw back .
Heb 10:39 not those who shrink back but move forward .
Love your enemies was very hard for me. From boss to family members. And God has thought me to love my enemies and people who have done very evil things to me .
Someone told me 2 imp things – Don’t try to impress others and don’t fear anybody
Do I have someone in my life that I hate , Gods asking me to forgive and forget .
Psalms 51:9-12 create in me a clean heart