Ephesians 4:26,27: Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity. It is our choice whether we give place to the devil. Do not open the door to the devil.
Ways in which we open the door to the devil:
1. Rebellion and pride. Isaiah 14:13,14.
2. Unforgiving attitudes. God gives us power to forgive. 2 Corinthians 2:10,11: Satan can take advantage of us if we do not forgive someone.
3. Revenge. Luke 9:54,55.
4. Allowing our lives to be ruled by money matters. Luke 22:4-6: Judas. Love of money is the root of all evil.
5. Lie, deceit, and hypocrisy. Acts 5:3-5; 6-10: Ananias and Sapphira.
6. Gossiping, backbiting. Devil is the accuser of the brethren.
7. Belittling God’s commandments.
8. Demolish good practices, work of God. Proverbs 22:28: Do not move the ancient boundary
Which your fathers have set. Ecclesiastes 10:8: He who digs a pit may fall into it, and a serpent may bite him who breaks through a wall. Being a repairer of the breach. John 14:30: The Ruler of the world is coming and he has nothing in me.
Paul says he has kept a clear conscience before God and man.
Jeremiah 31:3,4: The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, “I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Matthew 7:24-27: Building a strong spiritual house. One way is through fellowship. Jeremiah 31:4: Again I will build you and you will be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel!
Serpent created a doubt in Eve’s heart and from that came unbelief and disobedience and they were sent out of the garden. Matthew 16:26: For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?